Facts at Your Fingertips…
At the Corpus Christi Medical Center, our focus is on your needs. Anytime you have questions or need our help, please do not hesitate to call. However, here are some answers to frequently asked questions that may be of help to you:
- Our office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday; we are closed for lunch between noon and 1pm. Our phone number is 985.CARE (2273) and our fax number is 985.0647.
- Bring your medications (the actual medication bottles) with you to your initial visit with the Radiation Oncologist and your follow-up appointments.
- We will be collecting your co-payments at the time of each service. We accept checks, all major credit cards and cash. If you have questions about insurance or billing matters, please contact our billing department at 888-319-8379
- If you are interested in support groups and other programs, pick up one of our support calendars and other patient services information in the waiting room. If you are in need of resources such as rides to treatment, financial assistance, etc., please let the nurse know or call Lawrence Primeau at 985.2273.
- Some patients experience more difficulty with side effects than others. If you have any of the following symptoms, please call our office right away:
- Fever over 100.5 or any sign of infection such as mouth sores, sore throat, new cough, etc.
- Pain that is not relieved with suggested medication
- Vomiting or diarrhea that is not relieved with suggested medication
- Any other concern/symptom that you did not have prior to treatment
- Your treatment does not make you radioactive; you may continue your usual activities (with the doctor’s approval) with other people as long as you feel up to it.
Once again, we are honored that you have chosen Corpus Christi Medical Center for your care. If you have questions that are not answered by the above, or would still like to visit with us anyway, please do not hesitate to call.